Career Opportunities at The Willis Law Group
The Willis Law Group specializes in Civil Litigation Defense. We provide large firm experience with small firm personal service. We offer a friendly, business casual environment, a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a generous benefit package including Health, Dental, STD, LTD, Life Insurance and a 401K Retirement Plan.
- Consult and report to clients; including case assessment, legal analysis, and resolution strategy.
- Send and answer discovery; draft pleadings; attend depositions, hearings, mediations and trials.
- Must have the ability to handle a busy docket and have a strong work ethic.
- Candidates must have excellent research, writing and verbal communication skills, as well as a commitment to client service.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
- Transcribes and reviews attorney-generated correspondence and documents for accuracy in spelling, grammar, facts and adherence to court-mandated guidelines (local, state and federal);
- Handles non-billable tasks for assigned attorneys, which includes preparing and updating active file lists and litigation charts and creating shell pleadings;
- Reviews and assesses all documents, including correspondence, pleadings and court notices via U.S. mail, e-mail, fax and phone messages for new information, deadlines, and to facilitate distribution of same to team and/or outside personnel as required and to save to Worldox system.
- Participates in conference calls and meetings with team, clients, court and counsel of record to schedule client meetings, depositions, mediation, court appearances, as well as obtain case information and follow-up on attorney correspondence and filings;
- Track calendar deadlines, including pre-suit, pleadings and discovery, trial and pre-trial matters from U.S. mail, internet, and fax communications;
- Participates in interoffice conferences with attorneys, paralegals, managers, secretaries, and file clerks to facilitate a cohesive approach to file management and client representation, and to organize case development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Amy Pollock -- Firm Mentoring Director
The Willis Law Group’s most important assets are its people. We invest our collective time and talents in all legal associates who join our team by offering a firmwide mentoring program. The Willis Law Group mentoring program is comprised of dedicated partners who serve as teachers and role models to our associates by offering advice, guidance, trial training and networking opportunities.
Our mentor/mentee program provides our associates a supportive learning environment that encourages associates to communicate their goals, and offers them each recommendations for achieving their career objectives.
Our mentors possess the following characteristics:
- A desire to teach
- Broad based legal knowledge and experience
- Effective communication & listening skills
- Ability to manage time and resources
- A positive outlook
Associates at The Willis Law Group have the opportunity to interact with clients regularly and begin business development activities immediately. This allows them to begin developing origination fees and a book of business much earlier than associates working at many other firms. At The Willis Law Group, we work hard in a true team environment. And that hard work is rewarded.
The Willis Law Group mentoring program is about learning. We encourage our associate attorneys to strive for excellence in the practice of law while offering a supportive environment where they can tackle complex legal situations as they grow in their professional careers.