Lu Ann Stout Margo has a broad range of experience in the legal arena. She has handled numerous multi-party claims and complex litigation matters. She is an experienced complex case manager. In one case, she managed a matter involving 10 parties and more than 65 witnesses. On behalf of one of the defendants, Lu Ann negotiated a settlement that was significantly less than the amount paid by the other defendants in the case.
She primarily practices in the areas of employment law, products liability, construction defect litigation, and general civil litigation, and has a successful track record of obtaining outright dismissals. For example, she obtained a dismissal for her client in a medical facility negligence case after brief discovery was conducted.
Lu Ann believes in giving back to her community and regularly donates her time on a pro bono basis. In one of these cases, she represented a family who was a victim of the Oklahoma City Bombing. The father, then with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, was killed in the bombing, and Lu Ann’s donated services helped his dependent daughter make critical, positive personal and financial decisions that will have an effect on the remainder of her life.
- District Court of the Choctaw Nation
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
Pro Hac Vice Admissions
- 3rd Judicial District Court, Henderson County, Texas, 2007
- Superior Court of California, County of Fresno, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, 2006
* Assisted without pro hac vice admission with claims or cases filed in Florida, Nevada, Texas, New Jersey, Kentucky, New York, New Mexico, California and the Republic of Mexico.
- J.D., Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1987
B.B.A., Finance, University of Oklahoma, 1978
- AV rated Martindale-Hubbell