Laddie Livingston - Partner
Laddie Livingston has extensive litigation experience in insurance defense, employment law and commercial litigation. He has served as national counsel for a product liability defendant in federal multidistrict litigation. He has represented physicians, nursing homes, insurance agents, law firms, insurance companies, schools, daycare centers, construction companies, trucking companies, individuals, and products manufacturers. His practice also includes real estate litigation, and he has a toxic tort docket.
Prior to joining The Willis Law Group, Laddie was a partner at Helms and Greene, LLC and Hays McConn Rice & Pickering, as well as the firm of Neel & Livingston. He has tried more than 75 trials to verdict. He also taught trial advocacy for six years at the University of Houston Law Center. He has served as an instructor at the Texas Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy. Laddie is an experienced mediator, having mediated more than 100 cases.
Laddie has an AV rating, the highest available, from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
- National coordinating counsel and lead trial counsel for products.
- Manufacturer in federal MDL litigation involving more than 12,500 cases.
- Represented numerous product manufacturers in trials and settlements.
Represents employers in both trials and settlements of all types of discrimination related cases.
- Successfully defended numerous automobile and trucking cases in both trials and settlements.
- Successfully represented national rental car company in more than 175 cases.
- Successfully represented numerous doctors, nursing homes and insurance agents.
- Successfully represented national contractor in numerous lawsuits involving construction of Ben Taub Hospital, M D
- Anderson Hospital, Houston Veterans Hospitals, and regional headquarters of Conoco Phillips complex.
Successfully represented numerous insurance companies in a variety of trials and settlements involving cases directly against the carriers and their insureds.
- Represents one of the nation’s largest commercial property owners both prosecuting and defending cases involving leases and construction issues.
- Co-Author chapter “Foundations for and Objections to Real and Documentary Evidence”; for textbook “Texas Litigation Primer”; The Trial Advocacy Institute
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- AA White Society, Lifetime Member
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation. Life Fellow
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 1978
- Order of the Barons
- Order of the Barristers
- Member, winning regional team, American College of Trial Attorneys National Mock Trial Team
- B.S., cum laude, Kansas State University, 1972