David Goodhart - Of Counsel
David Goodhart is a native of Overland Park, Kansas, although he has lived in Texas most of his life. He has been practicing law since 1994 and has experience representing Fortune 500 corporations, national banking institutions, investment trusts, partnerships, and sole proprietors across the United States.
David is a transaction specialist, focusing on sophisticated real estate, corporate and banking matters. He also has significant experience in loans and loan workouts, property acquisition and sales, landlord/tenant leasing, property management, title insurance, land development, land use, foreclosures, drafting and negotiating bank documents, license agreements, and other finance-related documents. David also focuses a significant amount of his practice to estate planning, probate and asset protection strategies. David works closely with upper management and corporate counsel to develop strategies to mitigate risk and limit owner/officer liability.
Prior to joining The Willis Law Group, David was a solo practitioner. He previously practiced law for Thompson & Knight, P.C. in Dallas, as well as with the tax and estate planning boutique firm of Sildon & Evans, P.C. in Kansas City, Missouri. David also worked as an auditor for Arthur Anderson & Co. and a financial analyst for EDS.
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Kansas
- State Bar of Missouri
- State Bar of Texas, Commercial Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
J.D., University of Missouri, Kansas City, 1994
- Comments Editor, The UMKC Law Review
- M.S., Tax Accounting, University of Missouri, Kansas City, 1988
- B.A., Accounting, University of Texas at Austin, 1987